Thursday 24 January 2013

This is a first!


I am writing my first blog…ever!

I have chosen to write a blog over the next couple months looking at the Canadian Football League (CFL) and its fans. The CFL is unique in many ways compared to its counterpart south of the border.

This is why I have chose to name the blog ‘Canada’s Game’.

You are probably visiting my blog because you are aware of the CFL and its fans, because you have to as a fellow student or because you just stumbled upon here.
A few reasons why I have chosen to write on the CFL and the fans across the league.
  • Raised in Hamilton for 23 years – how couldn’t I love the CFL?
  • Conducted research on ‘fandom’ in the CFL while attending Brock University, this is a different way to continue that; 
  • I consider myself one the ‘crazy’ fans in the CFL.
Tiger-Cats Opening Day - July 1, 2009
I hope you enjoy the next few weeks. I hope I can provide a unique perspective. Comments, suggestions and feedback is welcomed.




3 comments:

  1. That's intense lol :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have never seen you look as good as you do in that picture.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A lot of Canadians focus on the NFL and neglect our very own Canadian Football League. It's good to see someone promoting the Canadian side of the sport. We have a lot of talented Canadian football players and a lot of dedicated fans, but it's time to support the CFL 100%. I look forward to reading your pro-Canadian blog!

    ReplyDelete