Friday 15 March 2013

Hamilton Tiger-Cats

This is my final blog for the school semester. I may continue to blog about the few CFL teams that I did not have a chance to talk about. But if this is my final blog, I would like to take the opportunity to write about the Hamilton Tiger-Cats.

As many of you know, I am a huge fan of this team. I am originally from Hamilton, Ont. and consider myself a Hamiltonian and a die-hard fan. Some say, I bleed 'black and gold'.

I would like to think that I have been a fan since the day I was born. I mean, it was my father who took me to my first game and we continue that tradition. When he was a child, he started attending Tiger-Cat games, sitting in the west endzone for fifty cents. The prices have increased dramatically since.

Fans of the Tiger-Cats have been through a lot over the years. 29 championship appearances, 15 Grey Cup victories, ownership changes, renovations, possible bankruptcies and now a team that is going to play an entire season on the road in Guelph, Ont.

The Hamilton Tiger-Cats have many passionate fan bases. The most popular group is called the 'Box J Boys'. These are a group of men who exemplify the definition of a Tiger-Cat fan. Hard helmets, witty t-shirts, black & gold kilts and a pair of Doc Martins. These men all sit together in Box J and travel around the country to various games together, including the Grey Cup each year. They are known throughout the league. They consider themselves Tiger-Cats fan first, but overall CFL fans. They are great ambassadors for the league.




The next group is 'Shockers Corner'. These men are a bunch of rowdy young gentlemen who sit together right behind the visitors bench. Their main objective throughout the game is to p*ss off the opposing team. Alcohol may or may not be involved. I would say this is a great thing to see because the organization needs the next generation of fans to start coming and caring about the team like many have done so in the past.

There are many stories I could get into, but I have a limited space. So until next time, Oskee Wee Wee!

No comments:

Post a Comment